What can I do with CTD?
CTD facilitates cross-species investigations of the following types of associations:
- Chemical–gene/protein interactions
- Chemical–disease relationships
- Gene/protein–disease relationships
You can use CTD to discover:
- What human diseases are associated with a gene/protein?
- What human diseases are associated with a chemical?
- What genes/proteins interact with a chemical?
- What chemicals interact with a gene/protein?
- What references report a chemical–gene/protein interaction?
- What cellular functions (GO terms) are affected by a chemical?
- What chemicals and genes share toxicogenomic profiles?
- What attributes are shared or unique among a set of genes, chemicals, or diseases?
- What Gene Ontology terms are enriched in association with a chemical?
- What pathways may be affected by a chemicals, gene, or disease?
- Which chemical-gene/protein inferences are statistically significant?