How do I find what kinds of genes (GO terms) interact with a chemical?
From the Analyze
menu, select the Batch Query
tool. This tool allows you to download data associated with a list of chemicals, genes or diseases.
- In Field 1, select input type as Chemicals.
- In Field 2, enter or specify a file containing the chemical name(s) or ID(s).
- In Field 3, choose your results as Gene Ontology (GO) associations.
- Select either all associations or just enriched associations (recommended).
- Select at least one Ontology.
- Click the format of the results that you would like generated: CSV (comma-separated values), TSV (tab-separated values) or XML.
- Click Submit.
Interacting genes will be identified by Molecular Function, Biological Process or Cellular Component Gene Ontology terms, and can be downloaded to a comma-separated values (CSV), tab-separated values (TSV) or XML file. CSV and TSV files may be imported into Excel spreadsheets for sorting by functional groups and further analysis.