CTD integrates gene–gene and protein–protein interactions from
This page presents the interactions in which a particular gene/protein is involved.
You may view the pathways of interacting genes by either:
- clicking the "Show graph" link or icon to use our online visualization (your browser must support
- downloading the XGMML file into Cytoscape (see below).
The XGMML file can be viewed using Cytoscape, an
open-source pathway visualization application:
- Download and install Cytoscape.
- Launch Cytoscape.
- Import the downloaded XGMML file by going to File > Import > Network (Multiple File Types)
> Local (or Ctrl+L) and selecting your file.
- Use the Layout menu to view different arrangements of the network.
We suggest the Cytoscape > Force-Directed Layout as a starting point.
To view additional details about the nodes and edges within a pathway, select the Node or Edge Attribute
Browser and click the Select All Attributes button in the Data Panel.
The following data is presented for each gene/protein interaction:
- The source gene in the interaction.
- The target gene in the interaction.
- The organism of the target gene.
- The organism of the source gene.
- The experimental system (assay) in which the interaction was recorded.
- The type of the assay.
- The throughput level(s) of the interaction.
- The reference supporting the interaction (if not a reference detail view).
Sort these data differently by clicking a column heading.
Save these data into a comma-separated values (CSV), Excel, XML, or tab-separated values (TSV) file
by clicking a Download link at the bottom of the table.